Castle Pejačević - Virovitica.
Dvorac Pejačević - Virovitica
The Castle Pejačević and museum is located in the middle of Našice in Virovitica. It was built in the 19th century in the neo-baroque style and surrounded by beautiful parks and a lake. It was the home of the 19th century Croatian Ban Ladislav Pejačević and later his granddaughter, the famous (and first) Croatian pianist Dora Pejačević. Nearby there is also a “Little Castle”, built in the neo-classical style at the beginning of the 20th century. The most impressive buildings in the centre of Našice in Slavonia are two castles of the family of Count Pejacevic situated in spacious English gardens. They are beautiful examples of Eastern Croatian country style architecture, built in the manner of historicism and classicism. The large main castle of the Pejacevic family was built in 1812 and completely renovated after the earthquake of 1817. It was enlarged during the lifetime of Count Ladislav Pejacevic and took on its present appearance mainly in 1850. In 1865, the castle was considerably enlarged and rounded towers were added to the edges of the castle. (The castle now houses the county museum and an art gallery). The Pejacevic hunting house, also known as the small castle, is located in the centre of the gardens (today it serves as a school). It was built in the style of classicism in 1905 and was moved two years later.